Criminal Appeals

Rating for Criminal Defense Attorney
Rating for Criminal Defense Attorney
Law Organization - Logo
JMC - Memberships Logo
News and Media Logo
Media Coverage - JMC

A lawyer that is committed to criminal appeals

When you are charged with a crime, the future is suddenly uncertain. The fact that you were found guilty in trial court does not mean you have lost all of your rights. You still have the right to an attorney, and the right to file an appeal in an attempt to overturn your conviction or file a Writ of Habeas Corpus.

In Orange County, the first name that should come to your mind is James M. Crawford, of the Law Offices of James M. Crawford in Orange.

Mr. Crawford offers the proactive legal guidance you need, and the one-on-one personal service you deserve by identifying what went wrong in your original trial and by filing writs of habeas corpus to challenge all improper actions at criminal trials.

Our respected law firm’s founder established his practice over 25 years ago to assist people just like you who want to appeal an erroneous conviction. An experienced appeals attorney has the opportunity to appear before appeals judges on a regular basis. Through this process and a regular reading of appellate decisions, the experienced appeals attorney is able to learn about the interests of each judge and the best ways to convince each judge. He will understand what persuades the court, how to write the statements of the case, what kind of issues will and won’t interest judges, how to frame issues so they present legal questions of interest to the appellate court.

Speak with criminal appeals attorney James Crawford now by calling (714) 538-0305 to determine your eligibility for any of these forms of relief or to discuss your particular appellate strategy.

Appeals attorney James M. Crawford knows how to get results.

Don’t postpone the selection of the right criminal appeals lawyer for you; Your initial consultation can be arranged at a moment’s notice. Call now — to (714) 538-0305, day or night.


Appeals can be generated for a variety of reasons. Clients who are discouraged by a prior trial outcome may find out that they received inadequate or incompetent representation. Judicial error may have played a role. New evidence may have come to light that supports a defendant’s claims of innocence.

Habeas Corpus Petitions

Under federal law and rules of the Constitution of California, any person who believes he or she is wrongfully imprisoned or otherwise detained can petition to challenge their imprisonment. Depending upon the situation, this may be done through an appeal of a conviction, a writ of habeas corpus or a wrongful imprisonment civil lawsuit.